LPC Supervision Services
Helping you obtain that license. Affordably. Ethically. High Quality.
I’ve signed off on many Georgia associate counselor and licensed professional counselor (LPC) applications. The struggle is real. Amongst the many aggravations is you receiving that dreaded letter from the GA LPC licensing board that your application has been denied or a request for additional information.
- Supervisor refusing to sign supervision form?
- Unable to locate a previous boss or supervisor?
- Director or boss/employer refusing to sign forms?
- Even worse, your supervisor refusing to recommend you for LPC licensure?
- Frustrated with the licensing board telling you need more hours of supervision or work?
Choose the right LPC supervisor with an orientation of ethics. I have reviewed many LPC and APC licensing scenarios. I can help you too.
Choose Your Option and Go
- Free Initial Consult
Comprehensive License Eval
- Application Diagnosis: Includes evaluation of graduate transcripts, past and current supervision and work experience and all other license related documents and forms.
- Create a personalized roadmap for your path to licensing*
- If we decide we are not compatible, you can freely take your roadmap to other potential supervisors.
- (*The licensing board makes final decisions on issuing licenses. Board rules and requirements are subject to change)
Interview and Supervision Rates
- Free Initial Consult
- Identify obstacles that could make licensing not possible.
- Application and Interview
- Evaluate Potential Supervisee for Compatibility
- If we proceed with supervision, I will apply that that 1 hour as your first supervision session*
- (*In Georgia, you must be currently at a board approved worksite if you want to apply this hour toward supervision requirements)
A MUST Watch: Your Drive To Be Mentored
Why Choose Us
Guiding You Through The GA LPC Supervision Process With a Focus On Ethics
My Philosophy and Approach To Supervision
Balancing Low Structure and High Structure in Supervision
One important factor in approaches to supervision is high versus low structure. Each has their advantages. The advantages of high structure in supervision is that by erring on the side of caution, the supervisor has greater day to day control of the therapist’s activities. The advantages of moderate structure are permission for the sujpervisee to take risk and make decisions on their own.
My approach to supervision is moderate structure. As new therapists we make mistakes; an inappropriate intervention, inadvertent breach, a boundary crossing. Experienced therapists make the same mistakes. The struggle of most new therapists is problem solving and my aim is to instill self-confidence.
Combined Authority and Mentoring
My supervision is a hybrid of mentoring and authority. Authority doesn’t refer to claiming to know everything. In fact, expect that you will have knowledge in areas I do not. It is referred to as sapiential authority and involves asserting conviction in helping you because I am experienced in clinical aspects of psychotherapy and ethics.
Through experience, I can often provide clarity on clinical and ethical dilemmas efficiently. And quickly. I have managed many high risk clients and can make this much less overwhelming for you. I combine this with a mentoring and coaching approach. Directed experience under supervision need not be frightening.
All of us have blind spots. Whether in our personal lives or as professionals. Sometimes we struggle to find a solution to an ethical dilemma or a clinical intervention with a client. Often we learn it is because we have a blind spot. This partly owes to countertransference. But a poor grasp on countertransference can lead to hazardous boundary crossings. As therapists, we are mindful of countertransference as an obstacle- or facilitator- of change with our clients. In a supervisory relationship, we apply the same principles to promote professional growth within our supervisees.
I employ psychotherapeutic techniques when necessary in supervisee training. Not psychotherapy per se, but applying the principles of it.
The manner of evaluation I employ is as much critique as a tool for helping you become a better and more confident therapist. I will provide you both formal written and real-time verbal evaluation. We will do this together at each session. You will view and participate in all of my written documentation and evaluation of your work.