About Eric Groh, LPC
Thank you for exploring my website. My name is Eric Groh and I’m a Georgia Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). Since I provide LPC Supervision and board required training in telemental health, I have additional credentials:
The LPCAGA Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor.
The NBCC Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS ) is accepted in 15 states to meet licensing board requirements.
The BC-TMH (Board certified Telemental Health Provider) also through NBCC.
As an advanced professional with over 20 years of experience, the focus of my practice is now continuing education training, clinical supervision, ethics consultation and assisting with Composite Board licensing issues. So most of my clients are actually peers– social workers, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors and psychologists.
I maintain a clinical practice. For over 20 years I have specialized and trained therapists in treatment of PTSD and dissociative disorders, brief interventions for substance addiction, and personality disorders.
As my website name suggests, my primary business goal is to demystify ethics. It is my service as a former GA licensing board president which enables me to bring reliable accurate and current information for matters ranging from the practical ethics to treatment or supervision for board mandated licensees.
All of my services are, in some form, ethics that you can immediately apply to your psychotherapy practice.
- Composite Board of Professional Counselors. Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists; Board Complaints and Investigations; President and Ethics Complaints Investigator
- Three-time governor appointed Board Chair of The Composite Licensing Board of Professional Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists.
- Unanimously voted by peers to serve as Board Chair and provide leadership; ensure the fair enforcement and governance of the board; and effectively interpret and ensure the lines of power and authority of the board are established and recognized.
- Recommended statutory, regulatory, and policy changes to improve access to mental health professionals; changed the employment environment regulations for counselors. The change enabled counselors the freedom to address issues affecting residents in rural areas.
- Worked tirelessly to address processes that threatened the the safety of the public and integrity of the board.
- Highly skilled in the applications and complaints processes. Dissected highly complicated information and formulated timely yet comprehensive responses to inform subsequent investigations by the attorney general’s office and law enforcement.
- Georgia Council of Problem Gambling; Founder and President
- Pioneer and catalyst who oversaw the ground up development of the Georgia Council on Problem Gambling, the first Georgia state chapter of the National Council on Problem Gambling.
- Hurricane Katrina DHHS Deployment; Unit Lead
- Deployed by the US Department of Health and Human Services to lead a volunteer relief team to expand the State of Louisiana’s capacity to provide PTSD, substance abuse and other mental health services. In collaboration with the City of New Orleans police psychologist, developed the first formal mental PTSD screening for public health employees.
National Board for Certified Counselors Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS). Accepted by 15 states for LPC/ LMHC supervision towards licensing.
LPCA Certified Professional Counselor Supervison (CPCS)
National Board Certified Telemental Health Provider, BC-TMH
Level II Clinician